As the holiday season approaches, people all over are getting into the spirit of Christmas. Whether you’re traveling to visit loved ones, taking a much-needed vacation, or simply driving around to see the festive light displays in nearby cities, this time of year is all about making memories. If you’re looking for a new destination to explore this holiday season, consider making a stop in Kosciusko County in Northern Indiana.
This amazing display of over 250,000 twinkling lights filling Central Park in Warsaw will be lit each evening from dusk to midnight starting December 1st and ending December 31st. This holiday light display has quickly become a family tradition and a special way to celebrate the holiday season in Kosciusko County.
The cozy Village at Winona lights up in a stunning array of Christmas cheer every season. It provides a great place to do some Christmas shopping at the wide variety of specialty shops lining the Winona Canal. The Village is also home to three restaurants, Cerulean, Boathouse, and Light Rail Café, offering the perfect place to dine. Walk through the light displays and snap some snowy holiday photos while you are visiting with friends and family at this beautiful lakeside location.
Relax in Wagon Wheel’s Theatre in the round, where you will never be more than 10 rows from the center stage. Enjoy a classic, professional performance of A Christmas Carol this season with your family and friends in this unique theatre. Check showtimes and buy tickets here.
The Miller Sunset Pavilion Ice Skating Rink is now officially open! Nothing will fill you with holiday nostalgia more than spending an afternoon ice skating and warming up with hot chocolate afterward. Situated in the Village at Winona, this ice-skating rink provides skate rentals if you do not have your own.
Walk amidst a winter wonderland on our snow-covered trails this winter and stage your own photoshoot. Whether you are looking to capture the perfect family photo for the front of your Christmas card or trying to get the ideal holiday Instagram post, the scenic nature areas of Kosciusko County offer the backdrop you’ve been looking for.
Kosciusko County is home to an extremely talented range of craftsmen and entrepreneurs who have built their businesses here. The artistry they display is stunning and their products will provide the ideal hand-crafted, one-of-a-kind gift you’ve searching for. Locations that sell unique, handmade products include My Unique Wooden Toys, Whetstone Woodenware, Kelsea Designs, Letterwood Paper Co., Jerky Shop, Warsaw Cut Glass, and Pottery Bayou.
Each of our communities here in Kosciusko County is hosting its own array of holiday activities, including tree-lighting ceremonies, Christmas markets, and Christmas parades. Visit the Events page of our website for a full list of holiday events. Here are a few to get you started:
- Chautauqua- Wawasee’s An Old-Fashioned Christmas – November 25th – 5:30-8:00 PM – Oakwood Resort, Syracuse.
- Warsaw’s First Friday Christmas Celebration – December 1st– 5:00-8:00 PM – Downtown Warsaw.
- Wawasee Area Conservancy Foundation Tree Lighting Ceremony – December 1st – 5:30 PM – Ruddell Pavilion, Syracuse.
- Heritage Gathering Primitive Show – December 2nd – 9:00 AM-3:00 PM – Pierceton Elementary School, Pierceton.
- Christmas At the Lake Craft Show – November 4th, 2023 – 8:00 – 3:00 PM – Eisenhower Elementary School, Pierceton.
- Tippy Creek Winery Christmas Market – November 4 & 5th – 11:00 AM-3:00 PM – Tippy Creek Winery, Leesburg.
- Christmas Shopping Extravaganza – November 4th – 10:00 AM-6:00 PM – The Village at Winona, Winona Lake.
- Tree Lighting Ceremony – November 18th – 3:30-6:30 PM – The Village at Winona, Winona Lake.
- Downtown Christmas Celebration – December 1st – 5:00-8:00 PM -Downtown Warsaw.
- Central Park Holiday Light Display – December 1st-31st – Dusk to Midnight – Central Park, Warsaw.
If you are looking for a fun activity where you can win a prize, or get some discounts at area businesses, then look no further than the free, digital Engage Kosciusko Passports.
We have Taco Trail, Sipping Trail, and Public Art Trail Passports you can sign up for and download to your phone. Receive discounts at participating businesses on the Taco Trail and Sipping Trail and be entered for a chance to win $100 to the Village at Winona by completing the Public Art Trail.
If you are looking for additional things to do, check out our Visitor Guide by either picking one up at the Visitor Center in Warsaw or by viewing it online here.
Whatever brings you to Kosciusko County this holiday season, enjoy an old holiday tradition or start a new one here. From Christmas shopping to dining with family and friends, to walking through a dazzling light display, Kosciusko County offers plenty of ways to celebrate this season.
Always check event and business information and hours before travel as these dates and times are subject to change.
Live Well in The Moment.